High Quality Health Care Options
The Spokane region is the health care hub of the Inland Northwest and northern Idaho, and offers the largest concentration of medical services in four states. The region is home to five major hospitals and several cancer care centers that provide world-class medical services.
- CancerCare Northwest offers seven locations in the Spokane and Coeur d’Alene metro area, including Spokane Valley. The organization is home to 22 physicians, seven nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and more than 250 support staff prepared to provide quality cancer treatment.
- MultiCare Deaconess Hospital offers inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services. As an acute care hospital, it has a Level III Trauma Center, a Certified Chest Pain Center, a Certified Total Joint Restoration Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. The hospital also features a Maternal Fetal Medicine program and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- The Mann Grandstaff VA Medical Center is focused on providing veterans with primary and secondary care, with emphasis on preventive health and chronic disease management. The VAMC operates 46 hospital beds and 38 rehabilitation-oriented nursing home beds. In addition, a mobile clinic, outfitted with two exam rooms, provides selected primary care services to veterans living outside the metropolitan Spokane area.
- Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital offering a full range of medical and surgical services in addition to specialty support and outpatient services.
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in the Northwest. The medical staff provides the expertise and skills of over 800 specialists and primary care doctors.
- Spokane CyberKnife and Radiation Oncology Center offers diagnostic imaging, cancer treatments and clinical trials, onsite oral chemotherapy and lab services. Its radiation treatment options feature some of the most advanced non-surgical technologies available including Truebeam radiotherapy and CyberKnife radio surgery.
- MultiCare Valley Hospital is home to 530 practicing medical and allied health professionals, advanced medical technology and modern facilities. It is also an accredited acute care hospital with a level III trauma center.
In addition to these established healthcare providers, more than 500 research and clinical trials are underway in Spokane Valley and the Spokane Teaching Health Center consortium has secured federal funding to create six new medical residences in Spokane.